In the episodes thus far, I have been giving example sentences when introducing words or concepts, so that one could get a sense of how it is used in Japanese. Now that you know how to say “you” and “I” in Japanese, let’s explore 10 basic sentences that you can use to talk about yourself. (I apologize for the delay in episodes and promise the next one will be much sooner.)
10 basic sentences:
1. My name is ___________
2. I am __(country of citizenship)__
3. I live in __(place name)__
4. I am __(#)__ years old.
5. I have _(#)_ siblings.
6. I study __(subject)__.
7. I work at ___(company name)___
8. I would like to visit __(place name)_
9. I have been to __(place name)___
10. I like to eat __(food name)___
10 basic questions:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your nationality?
3. Where do you live?
4. How old are you?
5. How many siblings do you have?
6. What do you study?
7. Where do you work?
8. Where would you like to visit?
9. Where have you been?
10. What do you like to eat?
Cancelled for a few episodes as there has been a death in the family and my mother has gone back to Japan for a few weeks.
The vocabulary lists are generated from Kaa-chan Corner so there is not a vocabulary list for this episode.
Episode transcript PDF (Japanese portion includes furigana)
Episode 6 – 10 Basic Sentences